Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday....Bloody Sunday!


It's sunday morning. I have no hangover, which is an unusual event. By the end of Friday I was getting quite enraged by my attempts to texture Knitwit. I keep trying and trying but he looks quite awful!!!!
Just before end of play Friday I chatted to Jim on MSN and he calmed me down a bit. I have come to the conclusion that a truly knitted texture is not going to happen. I think I would need to model it, otherwise it looks all flat along the edges. Besides that, having spent a day totally away from the project and my computer, I'm not sure a huge texture would match in with the other characters. Jim linked me to a picture of Muffin from Toy Story 2. His texture would be ideal for what I am doing. Of course Pixar have gangs of incredibley talented people working for years to create their films, but at least it's something to aim for. The texture itself is a soft, much smaller weave than the one I had in mind, but I think it would work very well. The main thing is that Knitwit appears to be soft.
I have also decided to model in seams, which should help me when texturing aswell as looking more professional.
The picture shows another failed attempt. I was also having a quick muck about with the 3d paint tool. It's use is definitely limited, but may be useful.
The good news however is that we have a lesson on sound tomorrow (to which I am very much looking forward) and the script and storyboard are essentially completed. We will therefore have no problem completing our animatic on time. Good work Julian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home