Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Knitwit lives...almost

I've spent the day ignoring all the other stuff I know I'm supposed to do for college, but instead modelling Knitwit. It is early days, but thanks to a chance chat yesterday with Alex, I think I have the limbs well on their way. Instead of the usual polygons the simple solution is twisted nurbs cylinders. I will animate them with Spline IK Chains. The reason for this is that I envisaged a "hosepipe" type style because of Knitwit's construction. A single jointed woolen arm just wouldn't seem right.
Texturing is going to be my biggest headache. I'm reasonably happy with the shape of Knitwits head and body, but they will need a decent knitted or, at the very least, cloth finish.
I have also begun looking into deformations. There is a picture here showing how the body bends. It's working out quite well. And then of course there is the mouth.
Hmmm, it's not liking the pictures. Will try again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home