Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Script Time

So it is time to write the script. That is what I am attempting right now, and it's proving to be difficult. For a start I've got this idea that I want the film to be narrated by a small boy. It is a great plan in my head, but the application may prove rather more tricky. The script need to be spot on, and I also need to find a kid who can do the voice-over for me. I met my half-brother's half-sister at the weekend and she was a successful actress. She gave me good advice about it. For instance she pointed out that when she was a child actor she responded very well to imagery and visual guidance far more than being told. Makes sense. She also said that she has many actor and actress friends who would be happy to help me out if necessary. Which can only be a good thing.

I always saw the real beauty of this film as being in the incidentals, rather than the main "plot" (if you can call it that). My hope is to evoke a real feeling of childhood and of a more innocent age. The (vaguely) 1950's setting allows me a scenario free of any of the modern SHIT that pervades the lives of today's kids. And no, even I wasn't a kid in the 50's. I want there to be a tangible rapport between the three of them. And the robots should have a relationship that involves squabbling all the time, whilst actually being the best of friends. I suppose the ultimate aim for any film maker is for the audience to leave the film believing that somehow those characters exist somewhere.

Anyone fancy writing my script? Thought not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home