Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Let's get started




So....I am returned from an amazing trip to Reyjavik and am raring to go. Today I built the shop bought tin robot. I have given him wheels but these probably won't stay! The colouring is also temporary. I thought of a name for him when I was on the train....."Red Oxide".
I really like it. Firstly it sounds a bit like a superhero. Secondly it is actually suggestive of rust, and thirdly I can picture it on a box. I think we will have to design that aswell.

Julian has done a fantastic redesign of Joseph, which I am more than happy about, as I am not a good designer. I have however contributed a profile drawing which should help him along. He has also done a great design for Knitwit. It should be fun animating a knitted character in CG. We'll manage it somehow!
Also, while in Iceland I think I managed to convince a group called Amiina to create an original score for the film. They are an Icelandic, female four piece who make gorgeous music with wine glasses, bells, violins, cellos and just about anything they can get their hands on. I have requested some music involving recorders and a glockenspiel, and anything else which is generally accessible to small children. I hope very much that they will have time to do this. They are very keen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home