Thursday, June 14, 2007

The end is nigh...ish

I am completely shattered. I feel a little like I'm nearing the end of a grueling long distance run and I'm having to force myself to reach the finish. 9 months in and I really need a break from this film. I still love it and can't wait to see the finished job, but it's consumed me for months and my brain is overloaded. Ideally we could have two weeks off and then return full of vim and vigour to finish with real gusto. In reality of course we have to hand in tomorrow and we certainly won't be finished to the standard we want.

Our sound man has been up to his elbows in Rave on Air, and Lovely Icelandic music lady Hidur cant really do anything until she has the absolute finished timing. Consequently there will be limited sound for this initial hand in.

We absolutely will have a finished and marvellous film in time for the degree show. It will have sound and be rendered and lit beautifully and all of that stuff.

Had there been more people on the team we would have finished on time, no problem. For my own part I have been getting bogged down with lighting each and every scene to get the best out of them. Once you pop you can't stop, as it were. It's no good having some lovely shots and some flat and awful. Thus valuable animating time has been taken up lighting and render testing. I have also been improving textures as I go and re-organising all my files. It must be understood this is a real labour of love. I'd rather hand in an incomplete film now and save the finished "master" for the show.

Sleep is what I need now and then I can leap out of bed tomorrow and do a ton of work.

Goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I hope you got your beauty sleep. You sure have earned it!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home